Wednesday, 18 January 2012

This is me- for the time being.

Entry 01
Hello folks,
My name is Jayson Maharaj. I am a first year student at U.S.C. I am currently pursuing a Bs. in Elementary Education. My tentative major is Language Arts.

I can be a bit of a contradiction at times, I am usually very quiet and keep to myself. I enjoy all music (e.g. Shirley Bassey), reading (To Kill a Mocking Bird) and film (Gladiator) . Quiet, alone time is important to me. I deal in Art, I have limited co-workers and attempt to have as little interaction with persons face to face as possible.

Don't get me wrong- I am not anti- social, I am quite friendly and engaging (this can be very limited depending on the topic or person). I am currently enrolled in a Communication Skills Course. My aim is to open up some more and to be able to communicate at a much higher level than I am able to do at the moment. Public speaking is not fun to me, although I did fumble and tremble and stammer  through it without passing out on the couple occasions that I was called upon to do so. Speaking to a mass crowd from the top of my head is a no, reading a prepared speech in barely tolerable.

I would give my self a score of 6 out of a possible 10, 1 being ineffective as a communicator. I do want and wish to improve and this course is a solid sure step in that direction. Also being in the class room setting, being on campus surrounded by people, saying hello to the neighbor occasionally and doing lots of reading and writing (as with this blog) are ways that I expect will (with continued effort) sharpen my communicative competence.

Happy Blogging to all!


No comments:

Post a Comment