I am a movie freak I would have to say, I would
watch almost any and every thing. I often go for the more substance filled
genre, period or dramatic films. Action
and light, almost nonsensical comedies fall out of my favored category of film.
I usually watch with an intent eye and discerning
ear, waiting for the sloppy line or the lack of attention paid to detail during
production. I choose film by cast, director, setting, producers not particularly
in that order. I do have my favorites. I
love to see new and fresh unknown actors step on scene and do it like a
pro. Some of my favorite directors and
producers are Ridley Scott- Gladiator. Steven Spielberg- Warhorse, Anthony Minghella- Cold
Mountain just to name a few.
Actors Ashley Jude, Kate Winslet, Hillary Swank, Natalie
Portman, Drew Barrymore, Charlize Theron, Taraji P. Henson, Kate Blanchett ,
Johhny Depp, Leonardo Di Caprio, Morgan Freeman, Ralph Fiennes, Cillian Murphy,
Hugo Weaving, Ryan Gosling… I can go on for days. Note that they have all had
their ups and downs and very down moments.
I think the magic of the movies is a very necessary one,
it transports us, takes us on a journey that in reality would never happen to
us, or that we would never have the chance to experience. It shows us the possible
and the impossible. Shows us the real power, the strength of the human spirit,
it shows us for who we really are sometimes despicable, heartless stupid,
carelessly in love, wanting.
Movies are the perfect combination of sound and
motion. Joy and sorrow. Good and bad. Peace
and war. It is not to be underestimated. It is life scripted. It can be ideals
for us all. It can force you to explore the whole you inside and out. Take the
time, popcorn is great, plunge into another world.
No comments:
Post a Comment