Bottles, cans, paper, chairs, mattresses, appliances.
It all ends up along our roadways, in our rivers. No longer do we regard and
appreciate the importance our surroundings. This is our Earth is it the only
one we have.
Have you ever had a wrapper blown onto your windshield
while driving along the high way? Sadly I have be the victim of this on more
than 3 occasions. Boxes, cigarette butts being dispelled out of the open window
of the car ahead of you or sometimes about 3 to 4 cars ahead. I am especially saddened
also to say that on all occasions the perpetrators have been adults. Personally
I would have some degree of tolerance for littering being done by children. However
time and time again I have seen it is the adults that can indeed learn from the
children. Learn what it is to be environmentally responsible.
Not only is this act dangerous for the more common
reasons, that littering block water ways and encourage flooding, litter also
encourages rodents and parasites to breed and multiply giving them a home. Along
the highways this seemingly simple act of throwing something out of the window,
this can cause distraction and collision, causing death to innocent persons.
I do not live in your home, yet I do not encourage
you to pollute it, however that is your own domain, it is the one space you are
allowed to behave like the filthy beast you are. I am here to say everywhere
else is shared space; it belongs to you just as it does to me. I am asking be
responsible. Care about yourself and your children’s future. Show respect for
our home, please do not litter. There are safe and accepted ways of disposal
below you will also find a link sharing further information also on recycling.
No comments:
Post a Comment